Thursday, October 24, 2013

Baby Druval IV

One of my goals for this hockey season was to learn how to use the DSLR camera we bought last year.  I wanted to be able to use our nice, big camera on modes other than just Automatic. It only took one Youtube video to make me realize photography is really neat and I am itching to learn more. I have since signed up for a free course with Photocritic Photography School. Haje Jan Kamps, a Dutch photographer, inventor, and writer runs the course alongside author and photography journalist Daniela Bowker. I will get a lesson and assignment every three weeks, with the first of those coming tomorrow. I am beyond excited to see what my first assignment is!

In the meantime, I wanted to practice, so I offered to take some pictures of a girlfriend's newborn baby boy. This was my first day shooting all my photos in the manual setting so I am proud of some of the shots I walked away with. Druval is an angel with the thickest of dark brown hair so he was a pretty easy subject! His big sister, Stella, jumped in for a few shots too. After only one makeshift "photoshoot," I noticed so many things that I would do different next time. I'll learn so much by simply doing. Knowing I edited them on iPhoto would most likely make professionals cringe, but, ya gotta start somewhere!




















No comments: