Friday, October 19, 2012

Hofbräuhaus Hamburg

Our crew that visited us came during the time of Oktoberfest, but we weren't planning on making the trek to Munich for the festivities. Shocking, I know. However, Kev and I still wanted to be able to give them a taste of Oktoberfest since it is a large part of the German culture. So one of the nights, we headed on over to Hamburg's Hofbräuhaus for dinner. The girls and I had tried to go early on in their trip, but there was no getting a seat without a reservation. 

packed house!
The Hofbräuhaus serves Bavarian cuisine and the beers are served in the large liter-sized steins you would find at Oktoberfest. Boso, Graham (I think), and I had frankfurters (hotdogs) with sauerkraut, Alyssa and Nicky had Weisswurst (white sausage) with a pretzel and sweet mustard, and Kev had Schnitzel with Pommes (french fries). 

our frankfurters with sauerkraut
In addition to the food and beer, the servers wear the authentic lederhosen, as do some of the guests! There is a live band playing Bavarian music, much of which the diners/drinkers sing along and dance to. The dance floor was full and the tables were being utilized as well for dancing. I had came to the Hofbräuhaus once last year on a slower night, so this was my first time seeing it in true action and I loved every bit of it. 

dancing on our table

My phone deleted the video I took of our night at the Hofbräuhaus, so here is one via Youtube that gives you a picture of what our night was like! Just imagine everyone dancing on their tables as well.


Before I go, I'll leave you with this gem of a photo. By far my favorite from the night and I'm thinking they are ready for their second stein.
Tschüss!!

No comments: